You know that had to be one ... yep, today is National Fruitcake Day! It's a good thing that there is only one ...
Save $$$$ and get your seat! Early, Early Bird ends TODAY for the January BookCamp. Learn the 6 Must-Focus-On Areas to Build Readership, Increase Book Sales and Gain Exposure as an Author for 2013! If that's your goal, sign up and get ye to the BookCamp.
Here's what we are covering in a jam-packed day:
1. Social Media: What social networks to be on, what to say, how to get more likes and shares, website integration and more!
2. Branding and Message: What to brand, how most mess it up, what to consider, plus an exercise to gain brand and message clarity
3. List-Building: Should you build an email list (yes); what are the easiest ways to do it; how do you get more book sales out of your list; which is best for you?- Constant Contact /iContact /MailChimp - which to choose and what you didn't know about email marketing.
4. Product Development: Walk away with a plan for building your product empire and growing your business to a 6-figure success.
5. Website Breakdown and Planning: Does your website work ... or does it suck? Get the critical components that generates results, plenty of examples with a focus on planning what can be updated in your own online presence
6. Content and Blogging: Create a plan for content so you are no longer overwhelmed and confused, but excited and soaring past your competition
YOU are invited to this special January edition of BookCamp slated for Saturday, January 19th from 8:30am to 4:00pm
Location:Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Cost: Members $99 early bird through 12/27, Non-Members $129 early bird
Today, Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on will focus on social media and website strategies with guru Georgia McCabe.
Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers ... you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone.
Remember-you can go to the AuthorU.org website, scroll down on the Home page and see the last five shows-just click and you are instantly there!
Here's your Top Ten Tweets for the past week-
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird ... below are Author U's Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed ...
Success & Resources
Got a smartphone? Get the DataVault app is a time and memory saver. It stores all passwords and you only have to remember one. You are welcome.
WOW--ebook named to best book of the year list--here's to the author indie publishing movement!http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JEBELWzzO0ktfOGD7XIxgFGVNiI1Bcx2cTtOd4EKxSM9XCadijelAmUnVXSeRD8Vo2_tOoeM6wfv5R2mPyCYuG6k-TvmK-rO2wI67zK3qeo=
Looking forward: Top Tech Trends to Watch in 2013 http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JEBELWzzO0kFK9d72WDGoXAEa0nkCAnslR0Imx2g358D__bqrc6tuYPLS_yJAJ6wzMRay-7hdEs5YbUm280Sd6g_8qImHIIz0-648hEup18=
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
Great publicity tips for indie authors http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JEBELWzzO0kG2GSr-z9-6nAPyTugnWWjIVl4cIEsBCBcnm1Vv2T-0nbxx4sRPjoKkhzCJZwWusCCNBeg0x9KwxJs_qyD_ctfA__DQERUs4Y=
Don't Let Your Business Be a Snob: Brand & Communicate with Facebook Likes http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JEBELWzzO0nb59HhsoQb35LcQ2EpJZ1oUGFBLa9wCAUA9On0I34RF-j9-IBeUMs4FNoENojI9LO5NKwRU4okRoTg143LzGO_cfRPY0xFoZc=
Ugh- Facebook Set to Change Your Timeline Again: Ready for some more design tweaks to your Timeline? http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JEBELWzzO0nLgbD_wqTveISbd9TWvWos3rUwTBRhhUv7GCbnnk799hy5NOXNhvKm-_RJG8YXO-vii12dj5w_4I3Ysju-yMkyc2zdpSo7NGA=
HOT! Amy Collins from NSD shares Tips /Tricks for authors on selling books in their own backyard w/ Judith Briles. Podcast
10 Important Reasons for authors to Learn Video Marketing Now! http://t.co/VQelBTLT
This Is Cool