Friday, March 21, 2014

Author Spice: add your voice to your blog postings now!


At the Author U Tech Tool Box in March in my offices in CO with ace digger upper of cool apps, Kelly Johnson, we all made audio clips using AudioBoo.com.audioboo

I made 5 different boards within my new profile with a descriptor on the "May the inspiration muse be with you." Board ...  then added a little something for social media posting: All #authors need a muse and #inspiration along the #getpublished path from The Book Shepherd and #book #publishing coach ...

image001 Here's my voice ... me reading less than 70 seconds from my newest book (it's  free up to a 3 minute audio clip), Snappy Sassy Salty ...


 It's a cool, quickly learned tool.  Just how fast is it?  Within one hour ... from beginning to end of hearing, playing a bit with it, setting up 5 Boards for ideas for the Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers book and then opening my mouth and reading two pages of quotes in groups of approximately 6 quotes I created for it ... I created 18 audio clips from their start to finish. All in one hour.

You can easily find Audioboo with a click on the name or if you want to type it in: http://audioboo.fm . It works with your iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry 10. You can also directly speaking into your computer and record that way.

Audioboo is FREE if your audio clips (or boos) are less than 3 minutes. For longer, you need to sign up for a payment plan.  You can upload unlimited numbers of boos, build your own Board playlists and share everywhere.

Here's what I'm going to do with them:  Sprinkle throughout my social media channels--Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, use in blogs to share something with my voice as well as written words ...  I love sharing tips, and this is going to be a great resource for getting that across. The question is ... what will you do?

Think ...
  • Recordings for your website, blog, other social media platforms.
  • Add a little music.
  • For fiction authors, create voices for your characters.
  • Create a slew of tips to share daily, weekly, whatever.
  • For book group followers--read something from your book and toss out a question to them--then set up a chat on line.
  • Share/broadcasts events, including happenings and book signings.
  • Share any updates about your writing, new book, your business.
  • Use your imagination ...
I know we are all OD'd and overwhelmed. This was a tool that I quickly saw the use, grabbed it and in my over-achiever mode, dove in instantly. And oh, my, I even wrote a blog on it. Yes it took another 30 minutes of my time ... but great tips are worth getting out there. Love it!
JB_pic_2013-2 Judith Briles is known as The Book Shepherd a book publishing expert and coach. She is the Founder of Author U,  a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 31 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers  and a speaker at publishing conferences.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author's Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U - Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at http://togi.us/authoru. Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and TheBookShepherd on Facebook.  If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment