You want to be in the minority in you are CrowdFunding!
That is, the minority that succeeds in a publishing crowdfunding project. Just under 30 percent are successful in reaching their funding goals. That should be you.
CrowdFunding Is a Trend … Not a Fad!
You’ve written a book … and now you need money for design and printing; money for marketing; money to develop a website; even money for a PR campaign. Money. If your resources are low and your bank yawns when you approach it, there’s another way.
Welcome to OPM—Other People’s Money … money that is given to you and money that you don’t have to pay back. Welcome to Crowdfunding.
You want the odds to be on your side. You want to be in the 30 percent minority that succeeds if you are an author or author-to-be. Not the 70 percent that fail.
The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers is exactly what you need and this week is the big launch on Amazon. It will show you how to:
- Create rewards that are slick, click and tick with donors.
- Identify timelines: pre, during and post a crowdfunding campaign.
- Determine which crowdfunding sites are best for authors and writers.
- Pinpoint the essentials that every successful crowdfunding campaign has.
- Get hot tips for creating momentum and the final push.
- Structure a social media checklist that’s ideal for your project.
It's the compact guide you’ve been looking for that is easy and understandable—one that shows you how to set budgets and limit costs. Does crowdfunding work? Yes. Is it doable? Absolutely … with some help.
With The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors and Writers, you’ve got The Book Shepherd, Dr. Judith Briles at your side. As publishing expert, all her crowdfunded authors have been over-funded. You can be too.
One of the essentials is the GamePlan. You need one. Another is the critical Timelines ... starting as far out as one year before you run your campaign. Granted, most don't think a year out ... but there is planning, and it's critical to your success. For example, here are tips for three months to launch date:
1 to 3 months before Crowdfunding Launch
- eMail Gathering Continues. Don’t be surprised when people will say they are interested and want to be contacted when your launch begins—and vanish. It happens. There will be a percentage that come through, many won’t.
- Book Cover and Support Branding. Having your book cover (even if it changes during the evolution post funding) delivers a visual of what’s to come.
- Create Content for Crowdfunding Platform. Video, text for pages, gather images to include.
- Crowdfunding Platform Site. You are building a landing page for your project that has a variety of elements to it. The good news is that you don’t have to “think up” what you need—you will get a step-by-step guide with the platform you choose to build your campaign on. What you need is to supply the content that goes in each. Think snap, crackle and pop in presentation. You want this completed several weeks before launch day.
- Build Rewards. Study what other successful campaigns have presented for Rewards—what types appeared to be the most successful (you will tell this by the greatest number taken)? Create descriptions. Add a few that are “back-ups” to be used as a substitute for one that is posted and not being subscribed to or as a Bonus at the end of the campaign to lure already committed supporters into contributed a second round of funding.
- Make your Video. When your campaign starts, consider adding an additional video—updating your supporters of any news. You can have a professional do it or DIY. What it needs is the heartfelt outreach, the why you are doing it, what the benefit will be to the reader, what you are doing with the moneys, and a call to action.
- Refine your Marketing Strategy. Many authors automatically go to Kickstarter because it’s huge and they think because of size, the sheer volume of traffic it gets will automatically bring donors to them. Wrong thinking. Because of its size, you can be lost easily. Will you get looky-loos wherever you launch from? Sure. But the real success will come from your own push, your friends and relatives and the list building you did prior to launch.
Within The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, you will find Timeline nuggets for one month prior, one week prior and tips for what you need to do during the Launch month and after the campaign is complete.
Get on board ... this is part of the AuthorYOU Mini-Guide series. Less than 100 pages, it's ideal for all author personal libraries. Get your copy today.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 34 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #34 was published this summer: The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers. Get your copy.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching ... call in to Judith's Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 ... have your questions ready--there's a full hour to ask and listen